Sunday, August 29, 2010

New ground rules for productivity

1)

I will blog, regularly, not haphazardly and I will cease and desist being so particular over said blogging. It's a blog, it's not rocket science and I will from this point on stop treating it like a big mathematic equation I am incapable of solving. I will instead simply write.

2)

I will set dedicated times to write. Even if it's only for one hour, and I never actually produce anything worth keeping I will make time to write every day, and stop letting everything else come first.

3)

I will do a minimum of one warm up exercise per day, instead of letting the excessive books on the subject gather dust on over filled shelves.

4)

I will edit like a crazy woman and within the next two months accomplish moving on to draft two. Idealistically this would mean one chapter a day and finish exceedingly ahead of schedule, the two month buffer zone is for the fact that life often seems to get in the way of what is ideal. (Motivation to complete in two month deadline: Writing while moving is miserable, especially difficult when driving literally across country.)

5)

I will organize, categorize, and sub-folder all writing here forth. This means admitting that my writing files are a complete and total disaster and need to be revamped.


 

Ok, five new goals to increase my productivity, I will come back and edit this from time to time when I find something else that works, or that doesn't work. Now off to stick to it.

1 comment:

  1. Good goals Amy! It's so important to set them and do it. Good luck and let us know your progress. I look forward to working the the critique group with you!

    ReplyDelete