Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taking A Leap



Sometimes, you just have to jump. As cliché as it sounds, and as difficult as it might be, sometimes jumping is what it takes. So I did. I leapt off into the void.

I found out that I could be a successful freelance writer if that’s what I wanted to do with my life. However, ethical, physical, and personal reasons dictated that it really wasn’t what I wanted to do. I still plan to freelance, but I am, done with daunting useless web writing. The SEO world is filled with nonsense, and ethically challenging positions that I don’t want to be part of. I think that the internet is a wonderful place, for the world to share, communicate and open up new and interesting markets for businesses. But I no longer want to be a part of the group that floods the internet with SEO based content that is about as useful as a used tissue. I no longer want to promote things I don’t believe in, and I don’t want to try and sell something that I feel is wrong.

So I’m jumping ship, and swimming back to the land that I know.

I’ll blog, I’ll write articles, real ones, with purpose, and I’ll return to fiction. I’ll stop abusing my poor fingers before they decide to quit. After all, what good is a writer without her fingers? They really were on the verge of full scale mutiny. I’ll learn to enjoy mornings like this when it’s raining and I can sit on my porch with my laptop and ponder the world in ways that it could be, or might become. Imagine all green leaves suddenly turning to shades of purple and the ruckus it would cause the scientific community.

So now that I’ve jumped, I hope I can figure out how to swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment